Re: gstep-base changes for MinGW/Windows

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: gstep-base changes for MinGW/Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:35:49 +0200

Lyndon Tremblay wrote:
> This could be a problem with not using __declspec(dllexport) - but I'm not
> sure
> if that is necessary for Objective-C symbols.. you can try these links
> though,
> I don't have a windows box to test right now (except wine and mingw32
> cross):

Since you can't apply '__declspec' attributes to an ObjC class, you need
to have a separate .def file for dllwrap which mentions the exported
classes in the import library.

Notably the exported references doesn't even need to be valid pointers
since in GNU ObjC all classes are accessed by their name.

Helge