How to profile?

From: Michael Hanni
Subject: How to profile?
Date: 05 Nov 2000 18:17:29 +0700

I'm trying to optimize some display code in gstep-gui.  To see where I
can better target my work I'd like to profile the library with the
testing apps and see where bottlenecks are.  What is the proper way of
doing this?  I've attempted to use debug=yes profile=yes, but this only
provides very basic profilling data of message passing and classes
within the test app, but not anything from within the AppKit.  I find it
hard to believe that none of the gstep-gui classes are costing time when
I can visually see that there are things in the AppKit that are not
"snappy"... Anyhow, any ideas?

Cheers,

  Michael