Re: Problem configuring gnustep-core

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problem configuring gnustep-core
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:47:24 -0700

David Relson wrote:

> configure mentions option "--without-tiff_library", though it doesn't use
> it (as far as I can tell).  I tried it anyhow, but it didn't help.

It doesn't work that way. You have to specify a dir if libtiff is not in
the standard place (configure doesn't check $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT,
although perhaps it should?, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only for running
programs, not linking them)

Try (all on one line):

configure
--with-tiff-library=/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/
--with-tiff-include=/usr/GNUstep/System/Headers

(or where-ever the lib/headers are for tiff).