GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:40:22 +0100

Hi,

well, I have thought about that a little bit in the past... It would certainly
a big plus to have a WM written in ObjC which could offer tight integration
into GS with less effort.
What I will do (*if* I find some time...grin) is to dive a little bit into the
blackbox WM code. Since this is C++ I wonder if it could be 'converted' into
ObjC in a first step. In a second step - and after learning some X basics - all
the GS specific enhancements could then be integrated and the code cleaned up.

What do you think?

cheers, Phil

--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~robert/

Research Group on Computational Geometry and Graphics
Institute of Computer Science and Appl. Mathematics (IAM), Office 208
Neubrueckstrasse 10, CH-3012 Bern Switzerland, phone: +41 31 6314902