Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: Reasons for a GStep windowmanager
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:31:58 +0100

> From: "Georgios Rizell Dimitroglou" <grd@algonet.se>

> Let's make a small, fast, objc-written, and modular wm for GNUstep.. or?
> :-)

I think is is a waste of resources to write another WM. If there are free
resources, somebody may #ifdef out all the code that is not needed for
GNUStep. But I think there are other things that are more important.

* write new cool apps like
  * Quantrix clone
  * Terminal clone
  * PrintManager clone
  * FileMerge clone

* support many UNIX platforms and win32
* make it easy to install (configure && make install should work without
messing with CFLAGS and LDFLAGS)

Another cool feature for GS would be a way to configure the look & feel of
the UI in later versions.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION