Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Flattened GNUstep structure?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:56:43 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:
> Whatever we/I decide will become the default for all GNUstep packages
> (although anyone would be free to change it for themselves).

IMHO for a binary pkg the multiplatform needs to be the default since
multiplatform can be stripped down to flat, but the reverse is not
easily possible.

Personally I think it really was a failure to allow a flat hierachy
since this makes the whole deployment much more difficult and
error-prone. Notably this has not only sth to do with actually using a
multiplatform environment, but also with having a single binary pkg
which is able to install on multiple platforms.

Helge

BTW: any Objective-C developers interested in working in Germany ? If
so, let me know ;-)