Re: A little help for GWorkspace

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: A little help for GWorkspace
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:50:49 +0100

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@imaginet.fr> wrote (Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:33:03
+0100 (CET)):
> By the way, one thing I did not like is that it was possible to delete
> items  while  they were  on  the  shelf.  For example,  the  following
> sequence that I intuitively did, and lead to problems:
>
>     - move /a/b/c on the shelf.
>     - delete /a/b (with command-r, unfortunately),
>     - move the c on the shelf to /x/y, but what? no more c exists!?
>
> Well, ok,  once I lost some precious  files, I took care,  but the bad
> lesson learned was that the shelf was not to be trusted... I would not
> mind if GWorkspace behaved differently here.

Hmm... I think it is not bad to be allowed to delete/remove files/directories
when they are on the shelf. As far as I remember, NEXTSTEP removed nonexisting
files from the shelf - at least when updating the browser (if GWorkspace does
that more often than the original, I don't seea major problem there).

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.nice.ch/~phip/