Re: A little help for GWorkspace

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: A little help for GWorkspace
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:42:21 +0100

Enrico Sersale wrote:
> I already know all this, but:
>
> <INGENOUS>
> I was thinking that that Irix deamon take control of all the file
> system, without asking them...
> </INGENOUS>

To be true I don't understand that question/statement.

Are you trying to say that the Irix daemon always watches all files and
always broadcasts all changes to all clients ?
I can imagine that the Irix daemon has some fs-change support from the
kernel, but AFAIK the only portable way to find changes is to
periodically stat the files. This is only usefully possible if you
restrict the watch-set.

Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG  http://www.skyrix.com/