Re: Problems with building GNUstep and Window Maker

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problems with building GNUstep and Window Maker
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:22:21 -0700

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

> The problem with Window Maker is that it builds WPrefs.app in
> GNUstep/Local/Apps instead of GNUstep/System/Apps

You might be able to provide a patch to them so that we could at least
configure things so it was installed in System

> I already mentioned in an earlier mail the building of libobjc in
> $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps while it
> should be in one directory lower

It's in the queue...

> One other strange problem I found is that when configuring base from the
> core package I discovered that it detects the gmp.h, it doesn't find the
> gmp library.

gmp isn't used now anyway,

> For ffcall and the like it doesn't detect them at all

configure isn't generally set up to look for libs in the GNUstep
directory, but it should. Another one in the queue... (and it's getting
quite long). Patches happily accepted!

> It even looks like it doesn't detect the newly build objc library and
> uses the one that is installed with Slackware.

Odd, that should work.

> I was wondering if I should explicitly tell configure where it can find
> the different libraries, although I thought the LD_LIBRARY_PATH should
> find the correct libraries.

Yes you can do that. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only a runtime variable, not a
compile-time one.