Re: A killer app?

From: Prashant Singh
Subject: Re: A killer app?
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:17:52 -0600 (CST)

I think having a nice mail application would be a good step towards giving
non-programmers a usable, productive environment. Is GNUMail.app still
being developed? Something modular, so that it can at some point support
the different protocols people's offices and school's use for mail (POP3,
IMAP, etc.) would be nice.

A Web browser or graphics program would of course be nice, but those sound
like much longer term projects. And I think having a nice mail
reader/composer/etc. would attract a few people.

Plus, having lots people use a program like that all the time could help
expose bugs in the GNUstep libraries.

---prashant.