Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc

From: jzahorsky
Subject: Re: Problem with gdnc on Solaris 2.8 sparc
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:11:42 GMT

> I don't know if the compiler you are using works properly for invocations/distributed objects.
> Did the NSInvocation tests with the base library pass?
>
> It might be a good idea to build everything with the ffcall library ... thus avoiding
> potential problems with the compiler.

Hi,
thank you for your help.
I try to configure gstep-core (20010205) with --enable_ffcall option, but configuration process don't detected ffcall library (probably problem is that "forward callback in runtime" was detected as 'no') . I have compiler: gcc 2.95.2.
Here is the fragment from configure log:
checking for strerror... yes
checking whether stdint.h defines uintmax_t... found
checking for register_printf_function... no
checking for realpath... yes
checking program_invocation_name in C Library... no
checking kernel support for /proc filesystem... no
checking short/int needs to be word aligned... yes
checking use of pass-through arguments... no
checking use of fake-main definition... yes
checking for ffi.h... no
checking for forwarding callback in runtime... no
checking for callback.h... no
checking FFI library usage... none
configure: warning: No ffcall interface library found

GNUstep requires the ffcall library to do invocations and DO
Make sure this library is installed (see installation instructions)
Otherwise DO will not be compatible with other systems
checking for xml-config... /usr/local/libxml/bin/xml-config
checking for libxml - version >= 2.2.3... yes

How can I detect if my compiler works properly for invocations/distributed objects ?

Thank you for any help.
Jirka Z.