Re: XDPS compile problem

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: XDPS compile problem
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:52:12 -0700

dejaeger@free.fr wrote:

> but they are named differently in AppKit/GSMethodTable.h and in the
> xgps backend (without the X). At this moment, the xdps backend is
> broken because the file in x[gd]ps/Source/SharedX/XGBitmapImageRep.m
> need to call DPScurrentgcdrawable which is not defined.
> I can correct those problems myself but I need to know what is the
> correct Naming Scheme. I think the most consistent approach is to
> modify all the following files :
> gui/Headers/gnustep/gui/DPSOperators.h
> gui/Headers/gnustep/gui/GSMethodTable.h
> gui/Headers/gnustep/gui/NSGraphicsContext.h
> gui/Headers/gnustep/gui/PSOperators.h
> xdps/Headers/gnustep/xdps/DPSOperators.h
> gui/Source/NSGraphicsContext.m
> xdps/Source/NSDPSContextOps.m
> xdps/Source/SharedX/XGBitmapImageRep.m
> xgps/Source/SharedX/XGBitmapImageRep.m
> xgps/Source/XGContext.m

Nope. I originally named the functions without an 'X' because those
methods aren't supposed to be X-Windows specific (although technically
they are currently). I don't know how the xdps methods got changed, but
they should also be without the X (except they should call the correct
DPS/X function with the X).

I don't think there is any point in changing the name since almost
always there is no need to actually use these functions within GNUstep -
they're almost always used internally.