Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:30:18 +0200

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:
> I can send you a copy of this
> config.guess if you want to include it into your source tree.

No, I think config.guess as delivered with Darwin is not newer, but just
modified. I'm not sure whether Apple submitted their changes to
autoconf.

> But I fear that's not all. configure brought some errors concerning
> Darwin. It said something about Darwin to be unknown or the like. Is
> this important? What can be done about it?

Please be more specific ! What exactly does it say ?

> my second question is:
> http://www.made-it.com/GNUstep/Build/gsmake.html it says:
> >If you are using the bash or sh shell type:
> >. /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
> >If you are using csh do:
> >. /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.csh
> >Add the line also to all the .profile files of the users that are
> going to use GNUstep.
> Where has this .profile file to be located (I didn't found one on my
> Darwin Installation)?

AFAIK Darwin uses csh by default. The 'profile' file of tcsh needs to be
placed at ~/.cshrc.
Anyway, I would recommend that you set your shell to bash and use
.profile/.bashrc as Dennis recommended.

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com/
Web Application Technology for Enterprises