Re: GNUstep on Darwin

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 15:10:09 -0700

LHelldorf@kabel.de wrote:

> I thought it just might work because the processor is the same, the
> executional format (binary) is the same (same basic OS) and the libraries aim
> to do the same. Are some dataformats different?

The Objective-C runtimes are quite different (this is a peculiarity
of ObjC's history), and GNUstep makes direct refs to the GNU runtime
(which is arguably a bad idea, but I don't have a better proposal to
put forth in its place).

I don't think this is insurmountable, but it's going to take some
real hacking to get it to work.

Stan