Re: source converters [WAS: RE: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Fram ew

From: Richard Dale
Subject: Re: source converters [WAS: RE: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Fram ework]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:42:28 +0100

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> rich -
>
> are these source converters of yours something you would be willing to share
> with the community?  if they work even *remotely* well, they would save
> _alot_ of time for those of us porting C++ apps to ObjC.  i myself have
> spent countless hours performing the mind-numbing task of doing so while
> rewriting the Sapphire window manager, and something like this would have
> saved me sooooo much time & frustration (not to mention keep my gag reflex
> from acting up simply from having to deal with C++ ;-)
Yes - they are GPL'd, but I don't want to set expectations too high. They are
Qt/KDE source converters, and not general purpose - you have to understand and
change the code a bit to do something new with them. That is why I will be
checking them into the KDE CVS. But the more forks the merrier in this
case. So if this code can be a start to doing other things like Sapphire or
Gecko Objective-C ports then that's great by me.

I'll send emails to Brian and Ian with the two converters as attachments. If
anyone else would like them please contact me.

-- Richard