Re: 1.0.0 build note

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: 1.0.0 build note
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:15:14 +0200

Steve Núñez wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is related to my library problems, but the latest
> version of libxml doesn't seem to include the xml-config script. I've
> downloaded the latest version, libxml2-2.3.6, twice, and built it twice, and
> it doesn't have this script. It could be that it's been removed, in that case
> it should be noted the version required by GNUStep. Has anyone else noticed
> this? Is it required by GNUStep base?

Known problem. GNUstep only checks on xml-config, while since libxml2
supplies xml2-config, to make it possible to run libxml and libxml2 side
by side. If you haven't installed libxml then just create a symlink
between xml-config and xml2-config.

If you do have libxml installed, use the procedure from the Build Guide:
http://www.made-it.com/GNUstep/Build/libxml.html

Dennis