RE: GNUstep Build Guide 1.0.0

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: RE: GNUstep Build Guide 1.0.0
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:09:26 -0400

  I follow your guide and build LaunchPad 1.0 in FreeBSD 4.3RC successfully.
  Because FreeBSD doesn't include GNU make as default make,
  I have to install GNU make via ports first (or via package),
  then use "gmake" instend of "make" to build everything.
  And libtiff and libjpeg could be installed via ports too.
  For FreeBSD user, use ports would be much easy than fetching source by
themselves.

> - I'd like to move as much of the additional libs (ffcall, xml, dgs) to
> there standard Unix directories. Good idea ?

  I think it would be better to seperate these additional libs into another
page
  because not everyone will use this libs.
  So people will understand which part is required, and which part is
optional.

> - And I am thinking about using the one-page version
> http://www.made-it.com/GNUstep/Build/ONE.html as the default one. How
> are people thinking about that ?

  I think one-page would be better since this guide is not too long.

> Thank you all for your help.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Dennis Leeuw

  Thank you for your guide, too.