A few more installation issues....

From: Jeff Sciortino
Subject: A few more installation issues....
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:46:25 -0400

OK, looks like I needed the libobjc extensions to get gui to compile. It
compiles now, whatever I did.

I can compile examples, but I get error messages. Namely, it tells me my path
is not set up correctly and I need to run the GNUstep.sh script, even if I
just ran it!

debian:~/GNUstep/Downloads/examples/gui/Ink$ make
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/common.make:63: WARNING - Your PATH is not
set up correctly !
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/common.make:64: You need to run the GNUstep
configuration script to fix this
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/common.make:67: try running ".
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh"
Making all for app Ink...

Once it gets over that, it tells me I don't have the right binary in /usr/bin
to execute:

chmod a+x Ink.app/Ink
mkdir -p Ink.app/Resources
/usr/bin application does not have a binary for this kind of
machine/operating system.
make[2]: *** [Ink.app/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Ink.build] Error 2
make: *** [Ink.all.app.variables] Error 2
debian:~/GNUstep/Downloads/examples/gui/Ink$ openapp Ink.app
NSBrowser - (BOOL)setPath: /home/jjs
NSBrowser - (BOOL)setPath: /home/jjs
NSBrowser - (BOOL)setPath: /home/jjs

debian:~/GNUstep/Downloads/examples/gui/Ink$

The app is compiled fine, and runs OK, but these error messages are
bothersome!

Any pointers?

Thanks again.

-Jeff