Re: Dual head question

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Dual head question
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:19:57 -0600

Jan Trembulak wrote:
> > I don't think there is either, although it looks like it wouldn't be
> > that hard. The problem now is there is no front-end method to change the
> > window screen in the backend (in fact, no way to even specify the screen
> > - the screen parameter is currently ignored when creating an NSWindow.).
> > It should be easier enough to add this - perhaps something like
> > DPSwindowscreen(int screen).
>
> Is there any function in Xlib library, by which I can shift (or move) opened
> X-window from one screen to another ?

Yes, er maybe. At least according to the docs, XReconfigureWMWindow
should do this. And this is already in the backend library in the
orderwindow code. That's why I though it might just be necessary to add
a backend function like DPSwindowscreen to set the new screen for the
window, then you just order the window front and it changes screens...