gswindow_device_t guts

From: Ian Mondragon
Subject: gswindow_device_t guts
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:30:15 -0500

all -

right now i'm in the process of trying to replace the Xlib calls in my window
manager with DPS calls, and i've come accross what (from my meager, pitifull
understanding of several things) seems to be a stumbling block.  i'd like to
think that i could use the 'DPSwindow' call to create a new window (and thus
an X client), but it seems that in order to stack, say, an aterm, in to this
object, i would need to reparent said aterm into the gswindow_device_t->ident
ivar...which doesn't seem like it's all too possible from the way the code is
written.  and seeing as how i'm a firm believer in utilizing a toolkit to do
a job instead of *modifying* a toolkit to do *a* job (dealt with too much cruft
along those lines...don't wanna join the ranks...hahaha...), i figured i'd ask
in here if anyone's got a suggestion (especially the DPS/XGPS hackers).

thanks for any information (even if it's the you're-out-of-luck type)...

- ian mondragon

--
@end

Ian Mondragon  - < copal @ dragonhelix . org >

< h t t p : // d r a g o n h e l i x . o r g >

<<< F r e e B S D -- O b j e c t i v e - C >>>