Re: iconv

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: iconv
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:53:19 -0700

On Thu, 31 May 2001 21:35:10 -0400
James Fletemeyer <jrmeyer@warwick.net> wrote:
> Chris
>       I have discovered that
>       WindowMaker creates ~/GNUstep/Library/
>       and ~/GNUstep/Defaults in your case
>       probably when you run wmaker.inst.
>       In my case it was starting WindowMaker
>       with a script wmaker which created
>       these directories if they did not exist.

Correct, same here.

>       If you delete ~/GNUstep and then
>       recreate it using GNUstep.sh
>       only ~/GNUstep/Services/ and ~/GNUstep/.GNUstepDefaults
>       are created. This seems to cause apps to
>       segfault on startup. Perhaps trying to
>       recreate the font cache.

Hmm, I've been doing this since I started messing with GNUstep, and
never had problems. Besides, the font cache DOES get created and
THEN it segfaults. Except when I also run xfstt, then creating the
font cache takes like forever...

>       I delete ~/GNUstep run GNUstep.sh
>       try and start an app and it segfaults.
>       Then I simple did mkdir ~/GNUstep/Library
>       and Defaults and apps start recreate
>       the font cache and run.

Hmm, I'll check that. But then why did it work before and now all of a
sudden it won't? Doesn't make sense to me.

--
Chris