Re: Annoying excpetion

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Annoying excpetion
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:52:59 +0100 (BST)

> "Couldn't find encoding type for selector
> initWithDirectoryPath:recurseIntoSubdirectories:followSymlinks:prefixFiles:"

That one was a private API internal to the gnustep-base library.
This API now has changed (I rewrote the file manager internals to be
faster).

The new gnustep-gui does not use this private internal API any longer, but
the old one did (and it shouldn't have), so changing the internal API
in gnustep-base broke it.

> What do I have to do in order to fix it?

Use a daily snapshot.

You could try to patch the NSSavePanel.m file but I'm not sure how easy
that would be.