Bug in NSPopUpButton

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Bug in NSPopUpButton
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 06:54:58 -0700 (PDT)

I found the following bug while testing the NSSpellChecker panel:

In the NSSpellChecker class I have a method called _switchDictionary which is
attached to the pop up button which allows the user to select a language
(English, French, etc).   Whenever a language is selected the method determines
if we need to start a new spell checker.  The stringValue message
is sent to the pop up menu object to get the name of the language to check.
All I get when stringValue is called is the word "Button".   According to tests
I have done under OPENSTEP4.2/Mach I should get the title of the currently
selected item as the stringValue of the NSPopUpButton.   I am using the method
-[NSPopUpButton addItemsWithTitles: (NSArray *)items] to add the languages in
the awakeFromNib method.

Does anyone have a fix for this?   If not, I am going to work on it along with
the spell checker.

P.S. The spell checker is approaching completion and should be in soon.

Gregory John Casamento

Do You Yahoo!?