Re: FreeBSD ports collection and GNUStep

From: Steve Nunez
Subject: Re: FreeBSD ports collection and GNUStep
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:52:13 +0800

This helped, however now the actual files don't seem to be on the gnustep site:

>> gnustep-make-1.0.1.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/core/.
fetch: gnustep-make-1.0.1.tar.gz: Operation timed out
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
fetch: gnustep-make-1.0.1.tar.gz: Operation timed out
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.

One thought -- does the ports mechanism use passive ftp? I'm wondering if our firewall could be the problem here. All of our other ftp facilities seem to work though, so I doubt it.

Reards,
        - Steve