Re: problems with compiling gnustep-gui

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: problems with compiling gnustep-gui
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:35:49 +0100

On Tuesday, July 17, 2001, at 05:20 PM, Matej Kosik wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to compile gnustep-gui [from gnustep-gui-0.7.0.tar.gz]

configuration do not fail
compilation ends with something like this

make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/Additional/gnustep-gui-0.7.0/Tools'
Making all for tool make_services...
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
Making all for tool set_show_service...
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
Making all for svc example...

GNUSTEP Internal Error:
The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment
variables was not called.
Please report the error to bug-gnustep@gnu.org.

This was probably due to an error in configuring GNUstep-base, so I'd recommend going back and looking at that. You don't give any details about your system so it's hard to guess any more. If you can send the config.log file from the base library (to me, not to the mailing list), I might be able to tell you more.