Re: creating library - some other [4] questions from newbie

From: Matej Kosik
Subject: Re: creating library - some other [4] questions from newbie
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 02:32:05 +0200

Hi, thank you for answering my previous question,

[]

> > ... ProjectCenter compilation problem ...
> > You need to compile/install PCLib first.

        Yes, I have had exactly the same problem on RedHat 7.0

???     Are sources of the ProjectCenter in some CVS? [I can't find it on
                cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnustep.org:/cvsroot update core
                cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnustep.org:/cvsroot update
dev-apps
                cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.gnustep.org:/cvsroot update
dev-libs
        ]
        I have only `ProjectCenter-0.2.4.tar.gz' but I would prefere CVS
version of the ProjectCenter
if there were some [to check out the proper changes of INSTALL to
reflect currently necessary steps
for building this app.

I have few other questions:

[1] I have configured, built and installed `/opt/dev-libs/guile'
project, according
        to `INSTALL' file, I have tried `make check' and I have got this
messages
[root@localhost guile]# make check
Making check in Greg...
WARNING: No GNUmakefile found for subproject Greg; using 'Makefile'
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/dev-libs/guile/Greg'
(cd Test; make check);
make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/dev-libs/guile/Greg/Test'
greg --tool basic
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file not found
make[2]: *** [check] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/dev-libs/guile/Greg/Test'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/dev-libs/guile/Greg'
make: *** [internal-check] Error 2
        what's wrong?

[2]

what are backends,

why when I am using `gnustep-xdps' windows of the GNUstep applications
        are at first blank and only after some operation with these
        windows [clicking on them to open other windows], they stop
        to be blank and paint themselves somehow
why when I am using `gnustep-xgps' even thogh works far better than
        `gnustep-xdps' [on my machine] windows of the GNUstep applicatoins
        first paints themselves white and only after that thay paint themselves
        as required - is that painting whole window white necessary - it causes
        flickering [which does not occur in the other X-applications under
WindowMaker]
        [personal feeling others with faster computers must not have the same
problem]

[3] - another TYPO [easy] in the tutorial
`www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/MoreOnMakefiles/node5.html'

        in first program, there is a line

                #include <HelloWorld/HelloWorld.h>

        I think it should to be

                #import <HelloWorld.h>

[4] - compilation of the `/opt/core/base/Testing' goes without problems,
tools which can be built there
        work well [I think one of them throws uncaught exception but ...]
      but compilation of the `/opt/core/gui/Testing' ends with these
messages:
Functions.m:40: redefinition of `NSHighlightRect'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:118: `NSHighlightRect' previously defined
here
Functions.m:42: redefinition of `NSRectClip'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:126: `NSRectClip' previously defined here
Functions.m:44: redefinition of `NSRectFill'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:142: `NSRectFill' previously defined here
Functions.m:46: redefinition of `NSFrameRect'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:189: `NSFrameRect' previously defined
here
Functions.m:48: redefinition of `NSEraseRect'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:110: `NSEraseRect' previously defined
here
Functions.m:119: redefinition of `NSDrawBezel'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:175: `NSDrawBezel' previously defined
here
Functions.m:167: redefinition of `NSReadPixel'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:206: `NSReadPixel' previously defined
here
Functions.m:268: redefinition of `NSCopyBitmapFromGState'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:214: `NSCopyBitmapFromGState' previously
defined here
Functions.m:272: redefinition of `NSCopyBits'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:222: `NSCopyBits' previously defined here
Functions.m:286: redefinition of `NSDrawBitmap'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:240: `NSDrawBitmap' previously defined
here
Functions.m:290: redefinition of `NSBeep'
../Headers/AppKit/NSGraphics.h:258: `NSBeep' previously defined here
make[1]: *** [shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/Functions.o] Error 1
make: *** [testpb.all.tool.variables] Error 2
        ??? what's wrong? ... I would like to compile these testing
applications, because
it may contain valuable source code [for beginner].
        ??? GNUmakefile refers also to some other files like
                buttons.m
                matrix.m
                menu.m
            but I don't have any of them [in the `/opt' directory]. (strange)
                what's wrong?

Matej Kosik
--
mailto:kosikmat@decef.elf.stuba.sk