Re: Localizable.strings

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Localizable.strings
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:44:38 +0100

On Friday, August 10, 2001, at 12:17 PM, Michael Scheibler wrote:

I wanted to create the file Localizable.strings, but unfortunately it must not be a dictionary but a properties file. Please help me - I don't know how to create a properties file. I think that's what the tool defaults is for,
but it aborts with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION on mingw.

For property-lists, you use a text editor ... the property-list format is simple.
Type 'defaults plist' for an example/introduction.
Use the plparse tool to check your property list syntax -
'plparse foo.plist' to see if foo.plist contains a syntactically correct property-list.

That being said, a .strings file is another (related) format - lines of the form
name=value;
with comments of the form /* this is a comment */, and using the same escape sequences
as in a property list.

For a strings file, you can use the sfparse program to check consistency.