Re: gsdoc problem

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gsdoc problem
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:58:45 +0000

On Wednesday, August 15, 2001, at 03:32 PM, Pierre-Yves Rivaille wrote:

I am trying to run gsdoc on .gsdoc files and I got the following error :

pyrivail:~/gnustep/gnustep/core/base/Documentation/gsdoc$ gsdoc
NSDate.gsdoc
Aug 13 17:41:18 gsdoc[15191] head missing from document
Aug 13 17:41:18 gsdoc[15191] Pass 1/2 File 1/1 - Error parsing NSDate.gsdoc

where NSDate.gsdoc is from the base documentation.
(Everything is from CVS.)

What am I doing wrong ?

I'm getting that problem also. Perhaps it is from a new libxml version,
Do you know what libxml version you have?

installing libxml 2.4.1 did not solve the problem.

From the libxml ChangeLog it looks like they changed something that might cause this at version 2.3.7 ... it could be that where gsdoc is expecting an element node it is
getting a whitespace node.

Could you please try experimenting with adding a call to xmlKeepBlanksDefault() at
the start of the initWithFileName: method arlound line 253 in gsdoc.m

I'm not sure what the meaning of the parameter is ... so you could try
xmlKeepBlanksDefault(0) or xmlKeepBlanksDefault(1)