Re: Debugging under Redhat 7.1

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Debugging under Redhat 7.1
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:41:10 -0600

Gerrit Van Dyk wrote:

Which gdb version should I use to debug under Redhat 7.1?

I compile my application using "make debug=yes" and then try to debug it.
The debugger comes back with the following message "not in executable
format: File format not recognized".
I am using the egcs compatible packages to compile and I am using gdb
version 5.0rh-5.

You're probably trying to debug the script in the main directory that looks for the correct executable. You can either do:

debugapp MyApp.debug

or

gdb MyApp.debug/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/MyApp

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
fedor@doc.com  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it