Re: objective-c: how slow ?

From: Erik M. Buck
Subject: Re: objective-c: how slow ?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:00:11 -0500

> Do you think that doubling the performance of message dispatch for common
> targets will speedup the gui (responsivness) ?

Probably not when you consider that the processor time to draw the pixels of
a button completely dwarfs the processor time used performing that action of
the button in most cases.  There is no hardware acceleration for Quartz.  If
we really want to speed up the GUI in OSX, I suspect the best approach would
be to double the bus bandwidth between main memory and graphics memory.