Re: ANN: GWorkspace.app User's Guide

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace.app User's Guide
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:18:11 +0100 (CET)

> Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:32:04 +0100
> From: Martin Brecher <martin@mb-itconsulting.com>
>
> Hi all, -
>
> last night I started work on a User's Guide for GWorkspace.app.
> So far, I have completed the general introductory, installation and
> preferences chapters.
> The guide is located at:
> http://www.stupid-design.com/martin/GNUstep/GWorkspace.app/gworkspace.html
>

> Of course, I will continue my work on the GNUMail.app User's Guide as well as
> the other stuff I was working on :-)
>

> As always, any help, comments, criticisms, etc are welcome.
>
> Greetings,
> Martin Brecher

Well,  it's nice  to start  documenting GNUstep  applications (without
waiting for them to be finished, that would be too late ;-).

For applications  like GWorkspace.app, I  think that it would  be most
useful  to present the  documentation as  a cookbook,  a howto  if you
want, presenting how  to do the various (micro) tasks  one can do with
it.

One of the  problem one can notice with users  of GUI applications, it
that  they often  don't  learn  the most  "advanced"  tricks of  their
applications,  and use  convoluted sequences  of actions  to  do their
tasks.  Reading  a reference manual  and building their  own efficient
sequences  of   actions  seems  too  complicated  or   too  much  time
consuming. A cookbook would be more indicated.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around