Locking bug introduced recently?

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: Locking bug introduced recently?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:11:59 +0000

Hi,

I have started to get a locking bug when compiling GNustep apps on linux/86.
I'm using latest CVS version of GNUstep.

The exception is thrown by plmerge - for example in the examples package,
doing a "make" inherently runs plmerge:

plmerge Calculator.app/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist CalculatorInfo.plist

which throws:

Uncaught exception NSRecursiveLockException, reason: unlock: failed to unlock
mutex

I see in the changelog that RFM added some locking to the defaults mechanism
last week:

2001-11-07  Richard Frith-Macdonald <rfm@gnu.org>
        * Headers/foundation/NSUserDefaults.h: Add _lock ivar
        * Source/NSUserDefaults.m: initial attempt at thread-safety.

I have had a close look at which libobjc I am using (the one from
gnustep.org), so that's not the problem.

I've recompiled plmerge as well as the NSLock class to ensure that I have the
most up to date versions installed, but to no avail.

Is anyone else getting this exception or having sililar problems?

Cheers,
Stephen Brandon
stephen@brandonitconsulting.co.uk