GNUstep IRC channel?

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: GNUstep IRC channel?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:12:11 +0100

I was thinking that since we are reasonably sized community it might be
a good idea to keep in touch via an IRC channel in addition of the
mailing list. I noticed that there is a #gnustep channel on the Opennet
IRC network but it doesn't seem like GNUstep developers and users are
using it.

Has this been tried in the past and failed or is it just a matter of
reminding people on this list to connect to it?

My intent is not to replace the mailing list.I personnally find IRC
channel to be very much complementary with ML especially when one needs
up to the minute information to get the job done.

Comments welcome.

Laurent

PS: