Re[2]: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Yann.Le Guen
Subject: Re[2]: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:00:55 +0100

Hi All,

This is a bit out of topic but...

I'm trying to build up Gstep Base on the latest Cygwin which comes
with gcc 2.95.3-5. Unfortunately it wasn't compiled with ObjC enable
then I'm stopped :-(

On the FAQ of Cygwin I can read the following

"Where is Objective C?

Objective C is not distributed with the Cygwin version of gcc, and there are no
plans to do so.
The gcc package maintainer had difficulty building it, and once built there
were problems using it.
It appears that there is only minimual support for the Objective C
front-end in the main GCC distribution, anyway."

I didn't notice gcc support for ObjC was "so minimal"...

I would like to know wihch version of our favorite compiler was used
by those of us who have already compiled and install gstep-base. How
did they enable ObjC in it etc...

Later, Yann