random gnustep/objc questions

From: Jay McCarthy
Subject: random gnustep/objc questions
Date: 04 Dec 2001 21:06:19 -0500

i am working on porting something and i have some questions:

1) are functions from objc/objc-api.h made by GNUstep? I know they are
present in libobjc - but the version of gcc i use (gcc 3) also has this
header so i do not install libobjc. If they are owned by GNUstep - are
there plans to implement methods like:
        class_nextMethodList
        objc_getClasses
        etc

 if this is not the case then do any GNUstep/Objc coders know of ways to
do similiar things?

2) other functions which are similiar to the above are those functions
in objc/HashTable.h that are not implemented but used in some apps i'm
porting:
        NSInitHashState
        NSNextHashState

 my question is the same for these but I also have another side question
to go along with it, is GNUstep's NSHashTable the same (or more) than
the NSHashTable of objc/HashTable.h ?

TIA, Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay@kenyamountain.com>