Re: TR: Problem with WindowMaker ?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: TR: Problem with WindowMaker ?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 13:11:37 +0000

On Sunday, December 9, 2001, at 03:41 PM, PERON Stéphane wrote:

Hi all !

Adam gave me the trick to avoid windows placement problems with
WindowMaker :
Type only
defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSBorderedBorderlessWindows YES

and all will work fine !

Thanks Adam

I though, as most of use WindowMaker, why this option would'nt be set by
default ?

I thought this problem was due to a bug in windowmaker which I fixed back
in March ... so the GSBorderedBorderlessWindows hack would only be of use
to people with old versions of windowmaker ... for anyone using recent
versions, there should be no problem, and setting GSBorderedBorderlessWindows
to yes would cause a mirror image of the problem you were seeing.

Of course, I could be wrong (hard to say without seeing exectly what was
going wrong for you), but I, and I think most other people don't see any
problem.