Re: Problem building from scratch... (SSL.bundle modification)

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Re: Problem building from scratch... (SSL.bundle modification)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:49:06 -0800

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 15:14:01 -0800 (PST)
Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am having a problem building GNUstep from scratch (i.e. after
> having removed GS from the system entirely and installing it fresh).
> I have tried twice to be certain. It seems as though the local
> directory Source/($GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR) is not being searched when
> linking.

I ran into that same problem (Friday night's CVS) yesterday. After
two unsuccessful tries, I realized, I ran ./configure without a
--prefix ... adding it "fixed" the problem.

However, there are three (minor) problems:

1) gnustep-make/bundle.make will try to use /dev/sa0 (on FreeBSD
   that's the entry for a tape). The problem is in line 293:

     $(TAR) ch --exclude=$(BUNDLE_DIR_NAME)/Contents/Resources

   should probably read

     $(TAR) chf - --exclude=$(BUNDLE_DIR_NAME)/Contents/Resources

2) gnustep-make/Documentation/GNUmakefile.in is missing an

     include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

   which prevents make to install the documentation correctly.

3) on my system, when I try to install documentation for gnustep-base
   and gnustep-gui, make will try to re-create all HTML files - but
   gsdoc will dump a core due to a SEGFAULT. Does gsdoc rely on any
   additional lib (I didn't install) ?

BTW: Why does 'make install' not include the installation for
documentation?

--
Chris