Re: NSScrollView and NSRulerView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSScrollView and NSRulerView
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:08:32 +0100

Diego Luis Kreutz wrote:
> I'm working on NSRulerView. Now I'm in the final tests with
> rulers. I made same changes in NSScrollView too. I got same
> otimizations in tile method and I also incremented some other
> methods like verticalRulerView and horizontalRulerView.
> The two files attached are the diferences between "mine"
> NSSrollView and today's CVS ones and "mine" NSScrollView.
> I hope to send NSRulerView implementation as soon as possible.

Great that somebody took over NSRuler, this is one of the few things
still missing for the next GUI release.
What I did not understand in your code is, why you had to change the two
methods [horizontalRulerView] and [verticalRulerView] wouldn't it be
better to just correct the code in the [setHasVerticalRuler:] etc.
methods to use the [initWithScrollView:orientation:] method and leave
the other methods alone? For me this looks like your better code never
gets called.

Fred