Re: GNUStep: An Apology for Announcing Donation of Proprietary Software

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GNUStep: An Apology for Announcing Donation of Proprietary Software to the Project
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:25:33 +0100 (CET)

"Philippe C.D. Robert" <phr@3dkit.org> wrote:

> This is exactly one of the reasons IMHO why GNU will never succeed, why it is
> doomed to fail - like all other 'extreme' ways of dealing with realities. This
> is a very poor move. I am deeply disappointed.
>
> I am seriously considering to release the next gen 3DKit under a BSD
> style license and remove the 'GNU' from its name.

You may  consider keeping it under  GPL or LGPL  without assigning its
copyright to  the FSF. The  "extreme" ways as  you call them  are more
those of FSF/GNU than implied by the GPL.

  How Does the Capitalist View Open Source?
  http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/?id=9748

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around