Re: transparent icons

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: transparent icons
Date: 27 Dec 2001 20:53:30 +0100

Enrico Sersale <enrico@www.imago.ro> writes:

> To do this I need to use NSImage's [compositeToPoint: fromRect: operation:
> fraction:], that, in the actual implementation says:
> "// FIXME We need another PS command for this" ;-)
>
> I would know if there are particular problems in writing this or, simply,
> this has not be written.
I do not really see problems for writing this method.  So I assume
that it is just not done yet.

> In the second case, how could I collaborate? From
> where to start?
Well, as the FIXME suggest, invent a DPScommand for it.
But for this you should probably ask Adam.

I looked through some old NextStep docs and the
method you quote is not mentioned, so it is probably
added later.  Unfortunately this means that I can
not just look through my books and suggest a DPSmethod name.

Wim Oudshoorn.