GNUstep/FreeBSD font/menu issues

From: Andrei Popov
Subject: GNUstep/FreeBSD font/menu issues
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:15:50 -0500

I've tried to compile GNUstep from FreeBSD ports collection -- no problem there
(granted,
not the lates and greatest, but good enough to try).  However, when I start up
any of the
apps I get menues with just asteriscs (`*') instead of all of the letters.

I thought that I may be getting a font cache overload or some such thing --
tried to removing
at least all of the truetype fonts from XF86Config -- did not help.

Just for reference -- this machine is a FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT with X4.1.  GNUstep
from ports
is 1.0.2.  I am not using xdgs.

Tnx & rgds,
Andrei