Re: Release of gui libraries

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Release of gui libraries
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:43:11 +0000

> As far as I know, gnustep works perfectly with GCC 3.0.x, and it is quite
> well tested.
> Actually, GCC 3.0.3 is the recommended compiler.

O.K., so I shouldnt be having these problems then...

> But you must use GCC 3.0.x (and only GCC 3.0.x) from the very ground up

I did the following:

gmake distclean
CC=gcc30 ./configure
gmake
gmake install

in each core source directory in turn. I tested the resulting system by
compiling Gorm from the ground up and that runs fine.

> version and you want to change, you need to remove all your old libraries

...this however I didnt do. I assumed the distclean/remake would be sufficient.

O.K., I shall try that and see if it helps.

cheers,

-bat.