Re: Coordinate transformatioins [Was: Release of gui libraries]

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Coordinate transformatioins [Was: Release of gui libraries]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:35:56 +0000

> Are you sure it does that? I would really like the Content Inspector to
> scale large images down to fit the panel, but so far on larger images all I
> see is the top left corner.

I didnt think bitmap scaling was supported yet - most of the work I do is
with bitmaps and they currently seem to render always at 1:1 from the
bitmap to the on-screen representations. If you use drawInRect it simply
fills the tiff into the top left of the rectangle, which would explain what
you are seeing.

There also appears to be a bug in co-ordinate translation on bitmaps, in
that if you have shifted the origin of the graphics state when you try
and draw a bitmap, it gets applied again, and the bitmap comes out twice
as far to the left and up from where it was supposed to be. Thats
probably faily easy to fix though I would imagine...

-bat.