Re: My observations

From: anstouh
Subject: Re: My observations
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:08:51 +1100 (EST)

On 2002-02-06 01:42:39 +0000 Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Sometimes in the last line of text, pressing enter appears to do
nothing
> > > but when you start typing the extra space is put there. This is
rather
> > > annoying for me because my enter key isn't too crash hot so I need
the
> > > visual response to know if it's been pressed or not.
> >
> > Ok - this seems to be one of the most wanted bug fix in the gui ... I
hope
> > to find time to investigate it.
>
> I added a hack to GSSimpleLayoutManager.m to fix this.  Let me know if
it
> works.

Okay, I'm typing this with the newest cvs image (don't know how to use CVS
and the instructions in the install guide don't work for me) and the bug
appears to have been fixed---thanks.

Pressing Home and End now result in an asterisk and the cursor goes
forward a few characters but if I type something, it appears after the
asterisk. At least I can go to the end of the line now, though.

I think I forgot to mention it in my last email, but if I use the mouse to
at the end of a line, the cursor goes to the start of the next one. I
guess it's trying to go after the new line character.

Tristan