Re: Preferences.app

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: Preferences.app
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:22:49 +0100

Jeff Teunissen (deek@d2dc.net) a écrit:
> Fabien VALLON wrote:
>
> > Jeff Teunissen (deek@d2dc.net) a écrit:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > In this case (my opinion), to be Mac OS X-"compliant" is to introduce
> > > brokenness.
> >
> > I don't receive my iBook yet but :
> > do you have a problem with MOSX Preferences ?
>
> Where to begin?
>
> 1. You can't use NSUserDefaults
????
Why not save your Pref by subclassing willUnselect

2. You have to use CoreFoundation, making it instantly incompatible with
    both the GPL and LGPL

I don't understand why it can not work with the GNUstep API ?

> 3. You have to subclass a particular class
And ?
You have to conform to a particular protocol ??

Fabien
--
Fabien VALLON - fvallon@fr.alcove.com
Ingénieur Informatique Libre