Re: GNUstep installation problem

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep installation problem
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:56:11 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi,
>       I am trying to install GNUstep on RedHat 7.2, following Dennis's
> Build Guide.  Everything seemed to go fine while building base, gui,
> xgps, etc., but when I try to build either GWorkspace or ProjectCenter,
> I get the same error at the end:
>
> plmerge: error while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.:
>
> Any suggestions?

I think it's a bug which slipped into gnustep-make in the past days ...
causing libraries to be installed with the wrong version extension (notice
how in your error message you have 'libgnustep-base.so.', instead of
'libgnustep-base.so.1').

Please try again with the latest CVS.

I'm afraid you will need to do a 'make clean' and then a 'make', 'make
install' again in all packages from gnustep-make on.  Sorry for that.