Re: ffcall vs ffi

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ffcall vs ffi
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:13:18 -0700

Dan Pascu wrote:

I see there is support for both ffcall and ffi in gnustep-base
if both are enabled, ffi will be preferred over ffcall.
does this mean that ffi is better for gnustep than ffcall?
which of the 2 is better to use?

Actually, ffi isn't supported, even though the configure tests are there and some code is there. I never got around to finishing it off once I got ffcall working (probably needs a rewrite now anyway).

ffi is integrated in gcc, so in the future it might be better supported, although right now it does not run on as many platforms (not the important parts of it, at least).

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you