switch to XHTML

From: Gregory Martin Pfeil
Subject: switch to XHTML
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:12:46 -0800

On Saturday, March 2, 2002, at 04:35  AM, MJ Ray wrote:

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Dal=E9n?= wrote:
Ok, here's a totally HTML 4.01 comliant version. [...]

Please can you use xhtml instead?  The standard has been official since
1999, I think, so you really shouldn't use the old versions any more.

I second this motion. xhtml 1.1 only introduces two incompatibilities with HTML 4.01:
        1) lang attribute replaced with xml:lang
        2) added ruby annotation tags

Those are easy enough to avoid. Other than that, xhtml is just a less lenient version of html.

Also, if you have an xml compatible browser (like IE or Mozilla) xhtml documents will be parsed faster than html documents.