Interesting Xft-Hack

From: Chris B . Vetter
Subject: Interesting Xft-Hack
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:01:19 -0800

Hi,

with all this talk about antialias rendering going on, I thought I pass
this on: (as found on www.osnews.com)

[..shameless copy..]
  David Chester has hacked through the Xft library and he achieved an
  incredibly good quality  on antialias rendering under XFree86. With
  this "hack", at last, XFree can deliver similar aesthetic results
  with the MacOSX or Windows rendering engines.
  Check the two screenshots "before" and "after" at his page.
[..shameless copy..]

http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/

--
Chris