Possible bug in NSFileManager

From: e.sammer
Subject: Possible bug in NSFileManager
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:20:25 -0500

i've been using NSFileManager to do quite a bit of work. it seems that NSFileManager doesn't handle symlinks properly. i know that linkPath:toPath:handler: is not implemented (as seen in NSFileManager.m), but in copyFile: it does not respect symlinks at all. according to the MOSX docs (and in my MOSX tests) copyPath:toPath: should maintain a symlink. i've looked in the docs that talk about the differences between GS and MOSX / OpenStep and there's no mention of this.

is there a fundamental problem with symlinks that i'm not aware of? i know GS is meant to be portable and some systems do not support them, but there seems to be half of the implementation in place which leads me to believe it could just be an oversight.

any info or help would be much appreciated...

--
e.sammer <eric@lifeless.net>